I Wear a Mask Because…
I wear a mask because…
- While I am not sick (because if I was, I would still be home… unless I really, really need a paycheck, in which case, um, maybe not so much) I may be infected, but asymptomatic, so I’m doing this for you.
- While all masks reduce the intake of air (not just oxygen) there is still more than enough coming through to be safe for people without respiratory problems who aren’t jogging in place when they go through the grocery store. And since I don’t (although my fitness tracker would be happy with me if I did) I wear my mask to help you.
- I treat my mask as potentially contaminated when I get home. It gets handled with two fingers as I drop it in the washer, then I wash my hands. So your germs don’t get spread to me and mine don’t get spread to you.
- The World Health Organization has stated that healthy people wearing masks help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so I’m doing it for you.
- I see wearing a mask as caring more for the people in my community then just myself. If you disagree, then fine, but please stay at least six feet (two meters) away from me when you talk to me with your free and unmasked face. I apologize in advance if me wearing a mask to protect you and others in our community hurts your feelings, but I would rather have your feelings hurt than risk the lives and well-being of those around us.
And hey! Have a nice day!