Pam, dear lady. Cast your memory back to the 1970s. Remember who was causing all the problems?
- Those damn young people!
- Those damn old people!
And twenty or so years later, the young people got moved into the middle-aged group raising families and paying taxes, the middle-aged group got moved into the old fogey category, and a new set of young people got drivers licenses and started making trouble. Twenty or so years after that, lather/rinse/repeat.
The old people are always too dumb to know how to:
- set up a smartphone
- set up a VCR
- set up a stereo hi-fi
- set up a TV
The young people are always:
- Screwing things up completely (damn social media!)
- Screwing things up completely (damn Internet!)
- Screwing things up completely (damn sex & drugs!)
- Screwing things up completely (damn rock & roll!)
The old people are always:
- Destroying the planet (OMG climate change!)
- Destroying the planet (OMG the ozone layer!)
- Destroying the planet (OMG nuclear war!)
- Destroying the planet (OMG World War II!)
All of this has happened before, and will happen again. 🙄
But I liked the way you said it. Must be the boomer in me. 😉